Mele Kalikimaka 2011, Hot Meal Ministry (December 24, 2011)
Ho’olu’a, the Hawaiian Civic Club of Waimanalo, Kupuna Church, Castle Medical Center Chaplain’s, St. Christophers church food bank, U.S. Air Force Bellows-Waimanalo, Target Stores, in collaboration with the many individuals currently residing in our parks, celebrated Christmas eve with a hot meal and fellowship.
We were able to take a hot meal to the Waimanalo Beach Park camp site, the Waimanalo beach park pavilion, and the Waimanalo district park, where we served a total of approximately 50 individuals, including our Keiki and Kupuna.
Special Mahalo to:
- Chaplain Dave Rasmussen-CMC Chaplain service
- Aunty Nickie Hines-St. Christophers Church Food Bank
- Na Pono No Na Ohana Waimanalo-Partners in Development Foundation
- Kuulei Laughlin-Hawaiian Civic Club of Waimanalo
- Paul Akau-Kahu, Kupuna Church-Waimanalo
- Roy Brooks, Chairman, Ho’olu’a
- Craig Gorsuch, U.S. Airforce Bellows
- Nancy Cullen, Kailua Hawaiian Civic Club
- Target Stores
And to the many residents at Waimanalo beach park who assisted with the service and celebration of this meal.
Visiting one of three sites, we are set up at the rear of Roy’s car, with table and dinner service. This site was at the Waimanalo District Park, where we we able to celebrate with about 10 individuals. In photo are Roy Brooks(Ho’olu’a), Zeuma Akau (Kupuna Church), along with Mr. Harbottle. Photographer: Paul Akau (Kupuna Church & Hawaiian Civic Club)
With food items donated we were able to take a very tasty Kalua Turkey meal to our many ‘Ohana residing along our beaches and in our parks.
We are blessed, as the year ending 2011 signals a greater year of giving in year 2012.
Mahalo Ke Akua!
Roy Brooks, Chairman
Ho’olu’a-A Hawaii non-profit